|Gene symbol and name||IL17a(interleukin 17A), Ctl; IL-17|
|Strain of origin||
|Coat color||Black||Dietary information||Growth and reproduction diet for experimental mice|
NCBI Gene ID
EGFP, enhanced green fluorescent protein
mouse Grp is highly expressed both in the lateral nucleus of the amygdala, the nucleus
Site of expression
Fluorescence can be observed in some intraepithelial lymphocytes (IELs) of the small intestine without stimulation
Gene editing strategy
The Il17aEGFP mice were developed by Beijing Biocytogen Co., Ltd. An IRES-EGFP-SV40-polyA signal sequence cassette was inserted after the stop codon of the Il17a gene using C57BL/6-derived embryonic stem (ES) cells. This strain was maintained on a C57BL/6 genetic background.
Fig1. Compared with wild type mice,IL17-GFP mouse express enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) as a marker of IL17A activity.
Fluorescence can be observed in some intraepithelial lymphocytes (IELs) of the small intestine without stimulation. Naive CD4+ T cells stimulated with plate-bound anti-CD3/anti-CD28 in the presence of transforming growth factor, beta 1 (TGFB, 1 ng/ml) and interleukin 6 (IL6, 20 ng/ml) show increased fluorescence associated with IL17A production. Normal levels of IL17A are expressed.
1. Colpitts SL; Puddington L; Lefrancois L. 2015. IL-15 receptor alpha signaling constrains the development of IL-17-producing gammadelta T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112(31):9692-7. [PubMed: 26195801]
2. Taylor PR; Roy S; Leal SM Jr; Sun Y; Howell SJ; Cobb BA; Li X; Pearlman E. 2014. Activation of neutrophils by autocrine IL-17A-IL-17RC interactions during fungal infection is regulated by IL-6, IL-23, RORgammat and dectin-2. Nat Immunol 15(2):143-51. [PMID: 24362892]
3. Goto Y; Panea C; Nakato G; Cebula A; Lee C; Diez MG; Laufer TM; Ignatowicz L; Ivanov II. 2014. Segmented filamentous bacteria antigens presented by intestinal dendritic cells drive mucosal Th17 cell differentiation. Immunity 40(4):594-607. [PMID: 24684957]
4. Duhen R; Glatigny S; Arbelaez CA; Blair TC; Oukka M; Bettelli E. 2013. Cutting Edge: The Pathogenicity of IFN-gamma-Producing Th17 Cells Is Independent of T-bet. J Immunol 190(9):4478-82. [PMID: 23543757]
5. Lee Y; Awasthi A; Yosef N; Quintana FJ; Xiao S; Peters A; Wu C; Kleinewietfeld M; Kunder S; Hafler DA; Sobel RA; Regev A; Kuchroo VK. 2012. Induction and molecular signature of pathogenic T(H)17 cells. Nat Immunol 13(10):991-9. [PMID: 22961052]6. Schmolka N, Papotto PH, Romero PV, Amado T, Enguita FJ, Amorim A, Rodrigues AF, Gordon KE, Coroadinha AS, Boldin M, Serre K, Buck AH, Gomes AQ, Silva-Santos B. MicroRNA-146a controls functional plasticity in γδ T cells by targeting NOD1. Sci Immunol. 2018 May 4;3(23):eaao1392. [PMID: 29728425]